Chair’s Message – January 2017
I am pleased to be taking on the role of Chair of the Board for the Greater North County Chamber for 2017. In the ten years that I have been a member, I have made many friends and business acquaintances that have enriched my life and business. I am looking forward to serving you in the coming year and working with you and our Board to continue the important work of the Chamber in promoting business for North St. Louis County. I am particularly looking forward to working with this year’s Executive Board which includes the following members:
- Brett Berigan – Vice Chair, Christian Hospital
- Tanya Smith – Secretary, Life Care Center of Florissant
- Jon Vogt – Treasurer, Catering To You Banquet Center
- Elizabeth Wade – Past Chair, US Bank
In addition, we have a number of new members joining the Board for 2017. These individuals will work with our existing board members to plan events and programs to promote business in North County and the work of the Chamber.
- Kim Bakker, SSM Health DePaul Hospital
- Kitty Harrison, Johnny Londoff Chevrolet
- Darla Tinker, US Bank
- Sharon Johnson, Central Bank of St. Louis
- Brian Douglas, State Farm – The Husband Agency
- Dr. Joe Davis, Ferguson-Florissant S.D. Superintendent
We will be meeting soon after the first of the year to establish our priorities for 2017, which will be focused on a more active and inclusive set of programs. We will kick the year off with the installation of the new Board and award presentation to our 2017 Business Person of the Year, Kurtis Barks (Complete Auto Body), on Wednesday, January 18th at the Atrium at Christian Hospital. I hope many of you can join us to thank Kurtis for his contributions and support your incoming Board.
I appreciate the confidence of the Chamber in putting me in the role of Chair and will work very hard on behalf of all of you. If you have questions or suggestions as we move throughout the year, please feel free to reach out to me directly. In the meantime, Happy New Year and let’s get to work.