Saint Vincent Home
Mission: At St. Vincent we help youth facing significant life challenges through love, security and therapeutic supports that enable them to improve their lives, their families and the community.
Vision: We are a safe and caring community where troubled adolescents have life changing opportunities that build character, self-respect and coping skills to reach their highest potential. We are guardians of hope for kids, families and communities.
- In a community where every child is loved and receives support, no matter their circumstances;
- That every at-risk youth deserves the love, security and support to find the right path in their lives;
- In the sustainability and growth of the communities that we serve through the support of a diverse population;
- In a strong, active and diverse community that is supported through our programs when needed; and
- In excellence of services and staff so that we can exceed the needs and expectations of those that come to us for help.
- Provide our assistance with empathy, integrity, passion and respect for those that we serve; and
- Empower every at-risk youth to overcome their challenges and believe in their ability to succeed.
Founded in 1850, St. Vincent Home for Children is excited to continue our important work and expand our commitment to the St. Louis community through our intensive, residential treatment programs LifeFOCUS and LifePATHS, our early intervention outpatient treatment program InHomeFOCUS, and our substance abuse program LifeRECOVER.
Kids have no money or resources of their own. And when they need help, they count on us – on adults – to support and nurture them as they strive to reach their full potential. But some children are more vulnerable than others. Kids whose families are struggling with poverty, dysfunction, addiction, even homelessness are certainly more likely to be compromised – at St. Vincent, these are our children.
When kids with challenges come to St. Vincent, we do NOT serve them from a place of pity, of “poor child – we feel sorry for you.” We know our children have difficulties, but we also know they have promise – every child does – and that is the part of the child that we seek to open to new possibilities. That is the child we seek to honor, to guard, and to empower. That is the life we seek to renew!
We hope you’ll join us at St. Vincent Home for Children as we seek to honor the past of our children and their families, guard them as they strive to heal and move forward, and empower them as they prepare to face a world of both challenge and opportunity. When we as a community embrace our children and their futures, we guarantee better results for our children, homes, families, city, community and world. Let’s be the change we want to see by joining together to support our St. Vincent kids. Together, we can impact kids both now and forever – we can change lives and in many cases…save lives.