Chair’s Letter – March 2020
March is finally here! As we inch our way towards spring, let us keep in mind that cold and flu season is still present and operating in full force. The pharmacist in me would be remiss if I didn’t tell you to cover those coughs and sneezes and wash those hands often. Protect yourself and others during this season.
Fun fact. March is named after Mars, the Roman God of War. Funny the things you uncover on the World Wide Web. March is also Women’s History Month. A multitude of talented women have made contributions to events in history, and we are still leaving our mark each and every day.
Many thanks to all who attended and participated in the 65th Anniversary Luncheon last month. It would not have been successful without you. Congratulations again to all of the awardees and nominees. There are numerous opportunities to network and become involved this month.
- March 10 (12p): Women’s In Networking at Cannoli’s Restaurant
- March 12 (5p-7p): Business after hours at Johnny Londoff Chevrolet
- March 18 (11a-1p): Membership luncheon at Catering to You
- March 20 (11:30a-1p): Legislative luncheon at SSM May Center
- March 24 (9:30a): Social media seminar at the Chamber Office
- March 26 (12p): FUEL at Pirrone’s Pizzeria
- LEADS Group 1: every Thursday 7:30a at Helfer’s Deli
- LEADS Group 2: every 1st and 3rd Thursday 12p at the Chamber Office
- LEADS Group 3: every Tuesday 12p at Amore’ Pizza
What a jam packed month of fun and interacting with your fellow chamber members! I would like to challenge every chamber member to invite a fellow business owner to one of this month’s events so that we can show them just how valuable the chamber can be to them and their business. I look forward to seeing you and your guest soon.
Dr. Misty C. Farr