Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis
Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Our Statement of Values
Founded on the belief that a loving God cares about the life of every individual, Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis acts in accordance with the following values:
- Education is critical to reaching one’s full potential.
- Spirituality and an active faith-life are essential elements of healthy personal development.
- Children have the capacity to transcend their circumstances if given a safe environment, opportunities, and loving support.
- Integrity, honesty, respect, willingness to love and serve others are important measures of personal success.
- Individuals are responsible for their destinies and actions, and all children deserve the guidance, support and opportunities to choose a path to reaching their full potential.
- Respect for the dignity, value, unique perspectives, and talents of every individual, is the foundation of positive social and emotional development, as well as strong and vibrant communities.?
Because children are complex beings with a world of needs, Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis utilizes a holistic focus to address the physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of our scholars.
Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis scholars are enrolled in top-rated schools in safe neighborhoods, and painstakingly matched to the college preparatory curriculum best suited to meet their individual needs.
Our scholars are matched with mentors who provide academic support, tutoring and the positive role models so crucial to a child’s development.
Scholars participate in a full range of extracurricular activities, college-preparation exercises, community service and reflection.
Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis scholars receive academic, financial and emotional support through college.
Boys Hope Girls Hope’s signature residential program provides scholars a value-centered, family-like home and a strong network of support services to help students excel both in and outside the classroom.
Hope Prep is a community-based, college preparation program that broadens students’ college and career aspirations through experiential, after-school programming.